Great Ocean Road one day experience - Reverse Direction
- Duration: 13 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: GORS1R
We will stop briefly on the way to stretch our legs, take advantage of a bathroom break or grab a morning tea or coffee (own expense) as we head straight to the 12 Apostles .
- Arriving at the 12 Apostles in the morning (around 10:30am), when the sun is in the best position for photos and well before the main crowds, we will spend at least two hours exploring this region including, Gibson Steps, Loch Ard Gorge, Island Arch and Razorback. You will be armed with all the knowledge and stories you need to fully appreciate this wonder as you explore this at your leisure. We fully guide our guests across all these regions as we recount the stories of survival and tragedy of the early settlers voyages to Australia.
- Enjoy a freshly prepared picnic style lunch of sandwiches/wraps (drink included) at the seaside village of Port Campbell with ample time to wander the beautiful foreshore.
- We then spend the rest of our journey heading eastwards back along the full length of the Great Ocean Road to capture all its wonderful sights.
- As we leave the Shipwreck Coast, we encounter the cool temperate rainforest of the Otways and its towering Mountain Ash Eucalypts and ancient Tree Ferns. Can you imagine this is what all of Australia looked like 200 million years ago?!
- Between the seaside towns of Apollo Bay and Lorne takes us along the most beautiful stretch of the Great Ocean Road where it hugs the cliff faces and sweeps along the beaches. We will make multiple stops here (we always choose the best based on the prevailing lighting on the day) to get you the best photos
- It's along here we will go searching for Koalas in the wild and, if we're lucky, have the multitude of native birds join us (some may even land on you!) from King Parrots to Crimson Rosellas, Kookaburras to Cockatoos...
- Our chances of spotting Kangaroos in the wild are also much increased as they come out for their late afternoon grazing....we have multiple locations in our itinerary where we can look for them
- Memorial Arch, just before the town of Anglesea, is where we will pay homage to those who built the road and tell the story of the true meaning of the ANZAC tradition.
- Complimentary traditional Aussie treats to accompany your morning tea/coffee purchase
- Freshly prepared picnic style lunch of sandwiches and/or wraps enjoyed on the waterfront in Port Campbell. (including a selection of soft drinks)
- Direct pick up from all locations within the Central Melbourne City zone, St. Kilda Road and St. Kilda, Southbank and Docklands between 7:00am - 7:45am. Exact time confirmed the day prior.
- And of course - a complimentary small bottled water each and sweets throughout the day
Departs: November - March: Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat.
Other days by request - please call or email us. Please note a minimum of six guests is required in order to guarantee a group tour. No charges are made at the time of booking until this minimum is reached.