2017-18: Cruise Ship Oceania Regatta Jan 19 2018
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PWU6XD
Departure - From 8:00am Station Pier, Port Melbourne - full details will provided on booking
Return - approximately 5:00pm
Our custom designed itinerary for your shore time captures the most spectacular section of the Great Ocean Road in full detail.
- The Great Ocean Road first meets the ocean at the town of Anglesea which we travel through before shortly thereafter making our first stop at the official entrance, Memorial Arch
- Here we have the opportunity to visit the magnificent Eastern View Beach whilst we recount the history of the road and the legend on the Anzac.
- A brief stop at the seaside holiday township of Lorne follows (with the prospect of getting up close to Cockatoos) before embarking on the best of the road itself.
- After Lorne we will make a number of stops to get the best photos of the contrast of the road as it cuts into the cliff faces including visiting the highest point of the road at Cape Patton to see it sweeping along the coast into the town of Apollo Bay. We will also see the edge of Cape Otway - the 'eye of the needle' and southernmost exposed point of the Australian mainland - the first and last time thousands of early settlers and convicts saw land on their journey from England before disappearing......
- We have many options available to us in this section and we choose each individually to ensure the best photos for you based on the prevailing conditions and light.
- During this time we will also take time out to visit Kennett River and go Koala spotting in their natural habitat. We may also encounter a number of our friendly native birds including Crimson Rosellas and King Parrotts (sometimes they actually land on us!) and Kookaburras.
- We will enjoy a freshly prepared cafe lunch at Apollo Bay including drink with a wide variety of selections available including vegetarian and gluten free options.
- After lunch we then make the journey home inland through the cool temperate rainforest of the Otways to arrive back at port approximately 5:00pm
- Please note: Due to time restrictions, this tour does not visit the 12 Apostles (a further 1.5 hours one way from Apollo Bay) and focuses on exploring the most scenic part of the road in full detail.
Lunch & Drink (hot or cold), including tea, hot chocolate, barista made coffee of your choice
Aussie sweets throughout to keep energy levels up!
Travel in the extra space and comfort of our custom built Mercedes vehicles
Also available as a private tour option ($1430 per vehicle)