2017-18: Cruise Ship: Sun Princess Oct 12 2017
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PY1UB1
Departure - From 9:00am Station Pier, Port Melbourne - full details will provided on booking
Return - approximately 9:30pm
Our custom designed itinerary for your shore time captures the full extent of the Great Ocean Road experience from the road, to the forest - culminating in the highlight to the day the awe-inspiring 12 Apostles.
- The Great Ocean Road first meets the ocean at the town of Anglesea which we travel through before shortly thereafter making our first stop at the official entrance, Memorial Arch
- Here we have the opportunity to visit the magnificent Eastern View Beach whilst we recount the history of the road and the legend on the Anzac.
- A brief stop at the seaside holiday township of Lorne follows (with the prospect of getting up close to Cockatoos) before embarking on the best of the road itself.
- After Lorne we will make a number of stops to get the best photos of the contrast of the road as it cuts into the cliff faces including visiting the highest point of the road at Cape Patton to see it sweeping along the coast into the town of Apollo Bay. We will also see the edge of Cape Otway - the 'eye of the needle' and southernmost exposed point of the Australian mainland - the first and last time thousands of early settlers and convicts saw land on their journey from England before disappearing......
- We have many options available to us in this section and we choose each individually to ensure the best photos for you based on the prevailing conditions and light.
- During this time we will also take time out to visit Kennett River and go Koala spotting in their natural habitat. We may also encounter a number of our friendly native birds including Crimson Rosellas and King Parrotts (sometimes they actually land on us!) and Kookaburras.
- We will enjoy a freshly prepared cafe lunch at Apollo Bay including drink with a wide variety of selections available including vegetarian and gluten free options.
- After lunch we travel through the ancient cool temperate rainforest of Cape Otway where we will see the tallest flowering plants on earth - the magnificent Mountain Ash eucalypt.
- Arriving at the 12 Apostles region we will spend the next 2-2.5 hours exploring this area including Loch Ard Gorge, Island Arch and Razorback. You will be out of the vehicle exploring for all but 5 minutes of this time as we give our guests the maximum opportunity to explore this area at their own pace.
- After such a big day, time to relax! Recline your seats and stretch out as we head back inland via some of the best dairy and merino wool regions in Australia for the next couple of hours (stop included)
Lunch & Drink (hot or cold), including tea, hot chocolate, barista made coffee of your choice
Aussie sweets throughout to keep energy levels up!
Travel in the extra space and comfort of our custom built Mercedes vehicles
Also available as a private tour option ($1640 per vehicle)